San Francisco Guitarworks is looking for a full-time, long-term shop manager extraordinaire. Our shop manager facilitates all customer and vendor interactions for servicing instruments, creates the production schedule, supports the service operations to run more efficiently and profitably, and create day-to-day social media communications.
What you bring to this role:
– Excels at working in a prominent customer service position, whether its in person, on the phone, via email or through social media
– Has maintained a production schedule for a small team and successfully directed team to meet set schedule
– Enjoys and is knowledgeable about using social media (facebook, instagram, youtube, twitter) for promotion and has examples of their experience
– Worked in a small team environment
– The ability to stay organized and focused while working on multiple priority projects concurrently
– Demonstrates exceptional writing and communication skills in person, on the phone, and by email
– Has experience working on a mac, and and computers/the internet in general. Also knowledge of Quickbooks, MS Office, gmail, photoshop or is proficient at learning new software programs
-Able to lift 50lbs, climb ladders
– Sales related experience and guitar knowledge is a plus
What you’ll be doing:
1. Customer Service
-Facilitate intake and pick-up of all customers’ instruments including addressing pre/post-drop-off questions, creating estimates, handling instruments, receiving payments
– Enrolling students in workshops (via phone, in-person and e-mail)
– Manage all front shop interactions–Answers door, phone, e-mail and directs customer, visitors, vendors, packages and mail to appropriate staff.
– Demonstrate our company values2. Schedule Management
-Optimize shop production schedule to meet/exceed monthly goals
-Maintain on-going workshop/class schedule and post new classes on website, social media and in-store
-Oversee staff schedule including vacations/sick leave
-Manage contractors’ production schedule — intake, pick up, drop off of instruments and invoices3. Marketing & Public Relations
-Create, execute and expand social media content
-Develop and execute outreach event ideas to increase followership and engagement
-Make changes to wordpress website as necessary
-Photograph ongoing projects, workshops, special events and general goings on
-Manage coordination of monthly newsletter production4. Inventory Management
-Maintain parts inventory and general shop supplies, which includes ordering, receiving and accounting for goods.
-Research and order custom parts
-Communicate with parts vendors regarding order details, delivery, and payment5. General Shop Management
-Execute Cashier duties
-Maintain and troubleshoot the phone, internet and alarm systems.
-Organize and tidy showroom, stock and merchandising
-Manage maintenance of common spaces
-Demonstrate our company values and make this a great place to work
Our ideal candidate must be personable and comfortable interacting with customers, staff and vendors on all levels–in person, on the phone, via email and through social media. Candidates who are self-starters, extremely detail oriented, organized, creative, customer-service focused, flexible, enjoy a small team environment that changes from day to day and has a passion for guitars will be at the top of our list.
San Francisco Guitarworks is a well-established, instrument repair shop with a small friendly, fun staff.
This is a full-time, long-term position. Must be available Tuesday through Friday 11-7:30 and Saturday 10:30-5:30.
Apply via e-mail by providing a cover letter and resume. (Please do not call the shop)
We are always on the lookout for EXPERIENCED GUITAR REPAIR TECHS
San Francisco Guitarworks is looking for a full-time, long-term experienced Guitar Repair Tech. The new hire will be an integral part of SF Guitarworks, and must be personable and comfortable interacting with customers, staff and vendors on all levels. Candidates who are extremely detail oriented, organized, customer service focused, extremely flexible and enjoy a small team environment that changes from day to day will be at the top of our list.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS SUCCESSFULLY EXHIBITED FOLLOWING REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience as a Guitar Repair Tech and/or Luthier, with a thorough understanding of guitar repair (both acoustic and electric and a full range of skills from simple guitar set-up to fret-level, re-fret, and other complex repair techniques.
- Able to assess instruments for repair needs and offer various remedies for poor playability
- Perform a high quality set-up
- Perform a high quality fret level and dress, preferably using a neck jig
- Be proficient in re-fretting all types of guitars
- Be able install standard electrical components. Ideally be able to design and troubleshoot complex electronic circuits
- Perform all types of finish touch ups including lacquer and polyurethane
- For custom jobs: upon review of expected outcome, be able to spell out required steps to get there. Proactively identify parts/tools needed, where issues may arise, where tech is lacking in experience and may need assistance.
- Part of the interview process will include performing a set-up and making a nut. No tools necessary.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Is inherently well-organized and detail oriented with impeccable follow through skills
- Works with a sense of urgency yet maintains high quality work standards
- Arrives at work on time with a positive attitude and prepared to work (leaves worries, troubles, and stresses at home)
- Is creative and resourceful
- Is comfortable following established systems or solving problems on the fly depending on the situation of the moment
- Strong sense of diplomacy and good personal judgment
- Develops strong and successful working relationships with co-workers, customers and vendors
- Has an inclusive and non-discriminatory attitude
- Takes constructive criticism well, and is comfortable being direct
- Is self-directed and able to work independently yet knows when to ask for feedback and help from the team
- A sense of humor
- Passion for guitars and or music
San Francisco Guitarworks is a well-established, instrument repair shop with a friendly, fun staff of four.
Please e-mail us with a resume and compensation requirements at email@example.com.