BONE NUT MAKING CLASS
Learn how to master one of the most common guitar repair upgrades-the bone nut. This relatively minor upgrade provides a greater tone, more durability and more stable tuning.
In this one-day workshop, we will discuss the main functions of the guitar string nut, talk about the most common mistakes when making one, and go over how to make a perfect bone nut step-by-step. The process can be challenging, and mistakes will happen, but you will learn a solid methodology, and will be given individual attention throughout the process.
We will cover the following:
• String nut function, materials and general considerations when replacing one.
• String nut removal process and common challenges, finish concerns and repair.
• Nut slot truing and sizing.
• Proper squaring, sizing and fitting of the nut blank to the slot.
• String layout and proper spacing.
• String slot depth parameters and proper cutting/sizing of slots.
• Final shaping and polishing to a mirror shine.
• Type and amount of adhesive used to keep the nut in the slot.
Next Class Date: January 11, 9am-4pm
Full payment is due at the time of sign-up
For more info and to sign up, call us at show contact info
What our students are saying…
“The nut making workshop was a wonderful learning experience – I never felt rushed or over my head, and the results far exceeded my expectation. I would absolutely recommend the workshop to anyone who is looking to further their understanding of guitar repair.” – Luke D.