EXPERIENCED GUITAR REPAIR TECH
San Francisco Guitarworks is looking for a full-time, long-term experienced Guitar Repair Tech. The new hire will be an integral part of SF Guitarworks, and must be personable and comfortable interacting with customers, staff and vendors on all levels. Candidates who are extremely detail oriented, organized, customer service focused, extremely flexible and enjoy a small team environment that changes from day to day will be at the top of our list.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Is inherently well-organized and detail oriented with impeccable follow through skills
- Works with a sense of urgency yet maintains high quality work standards
- Arrives at work on time with a positive attitude and prepared to work (leaves worries, troubles, and stresses at home)
- Is creative and resourceful
- Is comfortable following established systems or solving problems on the fly depending on the situation of the moment
- Strong sense of diplomacy and good personal judgment
- Develops strong and successful working relationships with co-workers, customers and vendors
- Has an inclusive and non-discriminatory attitude
- Takes constructive criticism well, and is comfortable being direct
- Is self-directed and able to work independently yet knows when to ask for feedback and help from the team
- A sense of humor
- Passion for guitars and or music
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS SUCCESSFULLY EXHIBITED FOLLOWING REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience as a Guitar Repair Tech and/or Luthier, with a thorough understanding of guitar repair (both acoustic and electric and a full range of skills from simple guitar set-up to fret-level, re-fret, and other complex repair techniques.
- Able to assess instruments for repair needs and offer various remedies for poor playability
- Perform a high quality set-up
- Perform a high quality fret level and dress, preferably using a neck jig
- Be proficient in re-fretting all types of guitars
- Be able install standard electrical components. Ideally be able to design and troubleshoot complex electronic circuits
- Perform all types of finish touch ups including lacquer and polyurethane
- For custom jobs: upon review of expected outcome, be able to spell out required steps to get there. Proactively identify parts/tools needed, where issues may arise, where tech is lacking in experience and may need assistance.
- Part of the interview process will include performing a set-up and making a nut
No tools necessary.
San Francisco Guitarworks is a well-established, instrument repair shop with a friendly, fun staff of four.
Please e-mail us with a resume and compensation requirements at email@example.com.